A Short Book-Related Interview With My Brother





I always say that my brother is like me, but better (see above).  Younger, taller, fitter, better looking, better travelled and a lot more intelligent, he's currently studying Medical Science at Birmingham University.  I asked him to pose with the latest issue of Poetry Review, and although I haven't been able to convert him to poetry just yet, he does like to read.  


Me and my brother with Fisher, who now works as a guide dog in Jersey.


James is currently doing a summer project on epilepsy, but I managed to sneak in a little interview when he got a spare moment.      


What are you currently reading?

Bad Signs by R.J. Ellory.


What was the last book you read? 

Animal Farm was the last book I read in its entirety.  I also started 1984 but didn't get to the end of it.

What did you like most about it? 

How Orwell uses a very simple story in equally simple language to convey a very complex problem.  However, in terms of level of entertainment it was pretty boring.

Who's your favourite writer and why? 

R.J. Ellory - I enjoy the amount of effort he puts into description and his attention to detail.

Which book have you read more than once? 

A Quiet Belief in Angels, A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Traveller (John Twelve Hawkes).

Comments

Popular Posts